Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the trout until a fine paste forms.
Arrange the fish on a baking tray and spread the top of each fillet with some stuffing, then roll up to enclose, use toothpick or string to secure.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
Serve the fish on a bed of the wilted kales, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 4 large or 8 small skinless trout fillets (ask your fishmonger to prepare them)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 100g roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- 100g dried fig, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 75g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped lemon thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. good quality salad
- 2 tbsp. ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. verjuice
4 cups kale, stem removed and lightly steamed or pan cooked
Squeezed with lemon
Seasoned with a little salt and pepper