Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes, Serves: 4-6
- 500g ground turkey
- 8 cups water
- 4 tbsp. of miso paste
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 small birds eye chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup fresh coriander with steams, washed well and finely chop
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
In a saucepan, add a little oil and brown the turkey, half the garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander powder. Set aside.
In a separate large saucepan, combine water, miso, tomatoes, carrots, remaining garlic, cabbage and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Lower temperature, and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
Place the cooked turkey in the saucepan with other ingredients and cook for a further 15minutes. Stir through the herbs and serve in bowls.