- 1 cup of chickpeas (you will need to soak overnight)
- 2 cups of water for soaking
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of water for boiling
- 3 garlic clover
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds,
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp.
- Pepper and sea salt to taste (but not to much salt)
Soak the chickpeas in the water overnight.
Rinse over cold water and place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook until soft approx. 30-45 minutes.
In a blender place the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, spices lemon zest, lemon juice and blend until soft but slightly nutty in texture. Add a little of the boiling water to make the mixture smoother.
Place mixture in a bowl and seasoned to taste.
Cover and leave in the fridge and use when needed.
Serve all the dips with chopped vegetables.