1 block firm tofu, cut into 4 strips lengthwise
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
½ cup toasted sesame seeds
4 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
4 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 punnet Perino tomatoes, cut in half
- 200g bocconcini cheese, sliced or torn into small pieces
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven grill to 180-200°C.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, ½ the parsley, ½ the oregano, ½ the basil and ½ parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Coat tofu with eggs and then press into the breadcrumb mixture, coating well.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-heat, cook tofu on each side until lightly golden, set aside.
- In a baking dish, line the base with passata, arrange tofu slices on top of the sauce, top with extra herbs and perino tomatoes and more sauce. Top sauce with bocconcini and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place dish in the preheated oven grill and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted.