This zesty cake is a rich source of monounsaturated fats and is made using gluten-free quinoa flour. The recipe can also be made into cupcakes if preferred and is delicious with a dollop of homemade vanilla bean yoghurt!
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Easter x
- Pre: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking: 25 minutes
- 250g honey
- 250ml EVO oil
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 250ml milk
- 200g quinoa flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Lemon decoration
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp. EV olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- Vanilla yoghurt
- 200g full cream yoghurt
- 1 vanilla bean pod, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cover a circular cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the honey, eggs and sea salt.
- In a jug combine the olive oil, milk, lemon juice and zest and gently mix the mixture together.
- Fold through the flour and baking powder and pour into the cake tin.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together the yoghurt and vanilla bean, set aside.
- For the lemon decoration, mix ingredients together in a bowl, place in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 180C or until golden brown.
- Once cake is cooked decorate with baked lemon slices and serve with a dollop of vanilla yoghurt on top.