- 1 cup of red quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 avocado, skin and pip removed, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 punnet of pear tomato, cut into ¼
- ½ a lime, juiced
In a medium saucepan add the stock and quinoa and bring to the boil for 5 minutes, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, aerated with a fork. Once cook leave to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl ad of the ingredients including the quinoa and gently toss.
Serve in a bowl with Kale chips.
Seasoned Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
(Optional seasoning: chilli flakes, crushed garlic, ground Sichuan pepper)
Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with foil.
With a knife remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.