- 1kg king prawns (= 500g once shells are removed)
- 1 large avocado, skin and pip removed
- 2 tbsp. good quality salt reduce tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, skin removed
- 3 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 cups of lettuce (iceberg or baby cos), roughly chopped
In a large saucepan fill with water and bring to the boil. Cook the prawns in the boiling water till they turn pink or approx. 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water and leave to cool to room temperature. Remove the shells, leaving the tail on and place in a bowl.
Place the avocado, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and the garlic in a food process or blend till smooth, add a little water if the consistency is too think. Stir thought the gherkins.
Serve in small bowls with lettuce on the bottom, approx. 125g (6 prawns) in each bowl and generously drizzle with the avocado cocktail sauce.