This is a delicious adult and kid friendly midweek meal which is a fun and healthy twist on chicken nuggets or regular crumbed chicken!
Orange Hemp Crumbed Chicken
Serves: 4-6 (depending on adults or kids eating)
Pre: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
2 x 200g chicken breast
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
1?2 cup hemp seeds
2 tsp. ginger, finely grated
2 tsp. orange zest
1 garlic clove, finely grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1?4 cup zucchini, finely grated, squeeze extra moisture out (or vegetable of choice)
2 tbsp. EVOO, (extra virgin olive oil) for cooking
Sea salt, optional
1. In a bowl mix dry ingredients, breadcrumbs, hemp, ginger, orange zest.
2. In another bowl, whisk eggs and zucchini
3. Dip each nugget in egg mixture, coat thoroughly, transfer to breadcrumb bowl, cover
4. In a large medium heat frying pan drizzle EVOO, cook chicken for approx. 5mins,
depending on thickness, turning once.
5. Once cooked, serve with a side of carrot and potato chips.
Honey Carrot & Potato Chips
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
4 medium carrots, cut in half, cut length ways into 1?4, 4 medium potatoes, cut in half, cut length ways into 1?4 2 tbsp. raw honey
2-3 tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1?2 tsp. sea salt
1?2 tsp. pepper (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray.
2. In a bowl whisk together the EVOO, honey and salt.
3. Add the potato and carrot, coating with honey mixture.
4. Spoon mixture onto lined tray, cook for approx. 20 minutes or until crispy around edges.
5. Serve hot