- 4x200g lamb back strap or lamb chops
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
Tomato sauce ingredients:
- 375g ripe fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- One bunch of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tsp. of fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g mozzarella cheese, grated
Skin and finely chop the tomatoes. Put them in a bowl with the olive oil, basil leaves oregano and grated Parmesan cheese. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Once the sauce is marinated place in a hot frying pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Pre-heat either the BBQ or a skillet pan. In another bowl add all the lamb ingredients and place on the BBQ for 4 minutes each side or until medium to rare. Once the lamb is cooked sprinkle the mozzarella over the lamb and let it melt slightly. Pour over the tomato sauce.
Serve with steamed green beans.
- Skillet pan or BBQ
- 2xmixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Serving plates