- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 leek, outer layers removed, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200g fresh ricotta cheese
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flat leave parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cut basil, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
Pre-heat the over to 180C.
Layer a round cake tin or silicon tin with baking paper and place on a baking tray.
In a large frying pan, pour a little olive oil, sauté the leek and garlic, till translucent, approx. 5 minute on a medium heat.
Sauté the remaining vegetable for 5 minutes on a medium heat, leave to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mix the eggs and then add the ricotta and Parmesan, gently folding through.
Fold through the cooled vegetable mixing and the herbs.
Pour the mixture into the cake tin and cook in the oven for 30-45minutes. Test with a skewer to see if it’s ready, it should be clean and the top of the tart should be a golden colour.
Once cooked leave to cool and then serve a slice with a green salad.
Tip: They can also be made in individual servings.