Prep: 15 mins, Cook: 15-30 mins, Serves: 4 to 5
- 1kg eye fillet
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed in boiling water and drained
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thaw if frozen
- ½ a cup of walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Heat a little olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sear the eye fillet on each side for about one minute and then place in the oven for 15 minutes. Once cooked take it out of the oven and cover with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Heat sesame oil in a medium saucepan; add onion and quinoa. Sauté the mixture over a medium heat and stir constantly for about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add water, soy sauce, rosemary and peas (if using fresh peas). Bring to a boil and cover; simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Meanwhile, roast the walnuts in a 180 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes. When quinoa is cooked, turn off heat and mix in walnuts and frozen peas (if using frozen peas). Let the quinoa sit for an additional 10 minutes and then serve.