Prep time: 35 mins, Cooking: 20-30 mins,
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of honey
- 12 green prawns, shelled
- 200g of chicken breast or thighs, (cut into 1 cm strips)
- 8 Chinese or button mushrooms
- 4 spring onions sliced
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 baby corns, cut into ¼
- 2 stalks lemon grass, (halved lengthways & crushed) to release the flavour, finely chopped
- 1 red Thai chilli, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander to garnish
To rehydrate Chinese mushrooms, place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water and soak for approx. 35 minutes.
Place the stock, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar and the honey in a heavy based pan.
Bring to a medium heat, always stirring, until gently simmering.
Add the prawns, chicken, spring onions, lemongrass, chilli, mushrooms, capsicum, baby corn and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
suggestion: Always taste and adjust the seasoning to your own liking. Remove the lemongrass and serve the soup garnished with the freshly chopped coriander.