- 2 medium eggplants cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or grated
- 1 punnet of cherry tomato
- 125g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- red wine vinegar
Heat the BBQ to a medium heat. Brush the eggplant and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper. Add the garlic to the cherry tomatoes then skewer the tomatoes. Cook the eggplant slices and on the BBQ for 3-5 minutes each side or till soft to touch. When the eggplant is almost cooked, pop the skewers on the BBQ until they soften.
Leave to cool to room temp.
For the dressing, mix 1 part red wine vinegar to 2 part olive oil, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl add the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, mint, toss and dress.
Serve on a platter with the feta cheese sprinkled on top.