If your household is back to school this week, I understand that getting back into a routine can be difficult! Knowing that you have a quick and easy dinner idea to come home to can make a huge difference to stress levels and motivation to stay healthy. My smoked salmon and ramen noodle salad is perfect for summer and takes next to no time to prepare! If preferred salmon can be replaced with cooked chicken and if vegetarian tofu is a great option.
Smoked salmon (or tofu) ramen noodle salad
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
2 tsp. tahini
2 tbs. rice vinegar
1 tbs. light soy sauce
2 tbsp. peanut oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. honey
270g ramen noodles
200g snow peas, trimmed and cooked, thinly sliced lengthways
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into ribbons
200g smoked salmon, flaked or roughly chopped or 200g hard tofu, crumbled
1 tbsp. toasted black sesame seeds
Pickled ginger, to serve
- In a small bowl combine the tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, peanut and sesame oil and honey.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet instructions until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Place the snow peas in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside for 1 minute. Drain well.
- Place the noodles, snow peas, asparagus and salmon or tofu in a bowl with half the dressing. Gently toss to combine.
- Divide the salad evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with pickled ginger, if desired.