Prep time: 10-15 mins, Cooking: 8-10 mins, Serves: 4 people
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup of hard tofu, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- ½ a cup carrot, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of wholemeal bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. of Tamari soy sauce
- ½ a tsp. of sea salt
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 4 large cos lettuce leaves, wash and dried
- 1 tomato, sliced
In a frying pan sauté the garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil until lightly golden brown.
Place all the remaining ingredients apart from the lettuce and tomato, into the onion mixture into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 4 burgers.
Add the remaining olive oil into the frying pan and heat. Place the tofu burgers into the frying pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Serve the burgers in the cos lettuce with a little tomato.