Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 45 mins, Serves: 5 people
- 1 kg turkey, mince (alternative chicken mince)
- 8 cups water
- 4 tbsp. of miso paste
- 1x400ml tomatoes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup pearl barley (mung beans as they are gluten free)
- 1 cup fresh mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin, powder
- 2 tsp. coriander, powder
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
In a large saucepan, combine water, miso, tomatoes, carrots and cabbage. Bring to a boil. Lower temperature, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
In a separate saucepan, brown the turkey with the spices. Once the turkey is cooked place it in the saucepan with other ingredients including the barley and herbs and cook for 45 minutes.
Serve in bowl drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil.