- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (1 cup uncooked quinoa)
- ½ cup chia seeds, soaked (¼ cup chia seeds)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp raw quinoa for sprinkling on top of loaf
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Activate the yeast by stirring ¾ cup warm water in a bowl together with the yeast. Let rest 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, chia seeds and flours.
- Mix through the honey coconut oil and milk and stir through until smooth batter. Then add the yeast mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- When the dough starts to stiffen, turn out onto floured surface and begin to knead. (If using a food processor, continue to knead with dough hook).
- Keep adding flour and kneading until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough should feel slightly sticky but should not be wet and slack. Add more flour or milk to achieve desired consistency. You should be able to form it into a ball and it should hold its shape.
- Cover loosely with cling wrap. Let bread dough rise in a warm spot until double in size, about 1 hour .
- Once the dough has doubled, flour the bench and with a little excess flour make individual size rolls to place on to lined baking trays. Score the rolls, add some raw quinoa on top and place the trays into the oven until golden brown, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let cool on tray for 15 minutes.